Sunday, January 26, 2014

Brainstorming

This weekend I mostly worked on finalizing my papers for the Mock Trial. During some free time, I thought about the topics I could talk about in my 20 time presentation. The point of the 20 time project is to grow and learn new things about yourself, others, and your project. I am planning on explaining how my project was a failure and success at the same time. I accomplished my goal of creating a rainproof cover for a camera. However, I personally did not learn a lot during the process. I did learn that things take time and can't be rushed. I also learned that you have to have patience when things don't work out the way they are suppose to. On the other hand, the biggest thing I got out of this project was that creating camera covers is not my passion. All the hard work and thinking that took place during this led me to my passion. Since a young age, I have always been interested in biology and medicine. After taking Honors Biology freshman year, I began to understand in detail how my body functions every day. When ever I get sick, I now know what my body is doing to fight off the illness. I find it very fascinating! About six years ago, my dad was diagnosed with Ménière's disease. According to the National Institute on Deafness and Other Communication Disorders, "It is a disorder of the inner ear that causes severe dizziness (vertigo), ringing in the ears (tinnitus), hearing loss, and a feeling of fullness or congestion in the ear." After having multiple surgeries and taking many medications, my dad  still can not hear out of his one ear. Doctors still do not know why people get this disease or what causes the disease to happen. It also does not have a cure yet. Through my 20 time project and biology class, I have developed a passion to solving the unanswered questions about this disease. I know this will be extremely challenging, but I am up for it!

No comments:

Post a Comment